Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tampa

I'm here visiting my sister and her family on a last minute spring break trip. Let me fill you in on the adventures of traveling.

To get a cheap flight at the last minute i had to come contintental, which i swore 12 years ago i would never take again for other problems i had...but alas...and i knew it wold happen again.
I flew out of a northern town in hondruas and the flight was late leaving to go to houston. i had a one hour lay over there but since it was late i didn't make my connecting flight. i was in the next to the last row of the plane, so it took me "forever" to get off of it, and I had to go through customs, and had to pickp my bag and check it again before flying onto Jacksonville, which for those of you who know Florida know it's not that close to tampa, but like i said, it was cheap. i waited at the bag merrygo round for 30 minutes before i realized it was sitting on the ground next to it! i could've made my connection if i'd seen it at first!

the funnest/challenging part was the layover in houston. since i missed my connection i had to wait about 3 hours till the next flight. i got major culture shock within the first minute in the airport. for those of you who have been in the int'l. terminal in continental, you've seen the 100's of t.v. screens up on the wall that show lot's of visual moving images all at once...freaked me out. now i'm making myself sound real out of touch. i thought i would start crying when i called my sister.

i couldn't decide either what i wanted to eat! i decided that whenever i move back to the states i'll either be so skinny from not being able to ever decide what to eat and just giving up, or i'll be so fat from not being able to decide and eating everything. the terminal seemed to go on forever...on wing was about the size of our airport in honduras, and that's only one wing of one terminal of one airline! amazing! America truly just does have too many choices.

i was excited about the toilet seat covers, paper towels, and hot water in the bathrooms, (i like to wash dishes here with hot water even tho my sis has a dish washer),. and there was food in the bookstores i'd never seen before. there were more starbucks than i think i've seen in Long Beach, and even a Ruby's diner! it was probably the most exciting part of my trip so far! just kidding amy!

it's been great so far and i'm really blessed to be able to spend this time with family. yesterday we went to a strawberry farm and picked strawberries fora bout an hour and came home with literally at least 25 pounds of them, all for only 6 dollars. we've already made chocolate covered ones, strawberry bread, and had strawberry smoothies for breakfast this morning.

tomorrow we go shopping and i'm mostly going to stock up on food itemsi won't see again till december.
Have a happy Easter week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable. Haven't seen you since you were a kid, then we almost cross paths in the airport in Tegucigalpa.

    So when did you travel? We arrived in Tegucigalpa on Thursday, then made that wonderful trip on Continental on Monday. We did have the advantage of a five-hour layover in Houston, and yes, we did once again promise to not travel Continental again. (Although we probably will; American just doesn't have enough flights to Central America)

    Tell Amy I said hi. And the rest of your family, while you're at it. Travel safe.

    Grace and peace,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... you didn't fly out of Tegus, did you? Makes me feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Tim if you are reading this I left Lauras email with the lady at the office....but you had already left for honduras when I called

    Laura, so glad you are staying with amy, bet you are having a fabulous time! Strawberries everywhere sound soooo good!

    Love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura-

    Hey, email me with amy's phone number and a good time to call and i'll give you a ring. i would love to talk via phone with you.

    love you!!!
    k-t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Glenda. There was a mysterious post-it note on my desk with Laura's e-mail. Now I know where that came from.

    ---Tim

    ReplyDelete