Monday, April 30, 2007

One of those days

Ever have a day like this?
I get up around 7 (no school today!) and decide I'd like to have chocolate chip pancakes during my devo time. But to make the pancakes, I need the kitchen utencils, which are dirty, so I clean the dishes. Bueno, I can begin. I start the mixin and alas! my milk has gone bad, so I borrow some from Beto but since his fridge is an overachieving refridgerator, it's frozen, so I have to hold it over the stove fire for about 8 minutes, making a mess of the condensation dripping down onto the stove. Finally I get enough milk in the mix and realize I don't have any baking powder. And I'm in my pijamas, so I have to change clothes to go to my neighbors to borrow the powder. Bueno, I get it and finallythe mix is ready. This all takes about 45 minutes, then I cooked the pancakes, got everything on the table, cleaned up the countertop, and after all that I finally had my breakfast/devo about an hour and a half after I woke up. And I don't even have KIDS!
Later I returned to the store where I bought bad milk yesterday, of course not knowing it was bad until I got home, so I returned to the store yesterday only to find it had already closed(on Sundays if something is open at all it will only be open from about 8am till noon or 1pm. So I went today but they said I had to bring in the empty bags I bought yesterday. See, they come in a plastic bag and then I putthem in a pitcher at home, but they were pouring in chunky. gross. So I had to walk all the way home(about 10 min.), dig the bags out of the trash(thank goodness I wasn't too ambitious and had already taken the trash out!) and walk back to the store. Pretty surprisingly, they gave me two new bags of milk, no problems! Yes!
Tomorrow we have off too, Honduran Labor day.

1 comment:

  1. milk in a bag? I know the kids milk at school comes in a little bag and they have to stab it with a straw. But never seen where you buy a larger quantity like that.

    Okay Cindy is really freaked about this milk in a bag and would love for you to post a picture of it if you can.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete