Monday, May 11, 2009

tegucigalpa and what happened there





beto was asked to preach at amber´s church when the pastor called at the last minute to say he couldn´t come bc his mom was sick.

one day he went with another missionary,will, and amber´s boys on a hike will works with his wife rachel along side amber. they went up to a rain forest above tegu and hiked all day. they had a wonderful time.

at church it was great to see old friends, one who had a baby in nov and i saw him for the 1st time.

well we still havnt gotten the american passpòrt for santi. in tegu the registrar told us we had to get the ¨literal¨birth cert in la esperanza, even tho we were told that everything is nationalized now, but la esperanza,no. remember we live a 4 hour bus ride from tegu. so we come back home and they say, oh, the books we need with the codes and all to print it just got sent to tegu! and they wont be back for 3 to 6 months. so beto went back to tegu. at the office there God put in bveto´s path the boss lady who is a christian. she listened to our story and demanded they find the books right away. she did tell him to come back mon., today, and so if yopu can pray with us that he will get the paper today.

we are happy at least that beto has his visa. it´s only a mater of time to get the passport. thanks for ur prayers.

thanks to rhonda who´s lwetting me stay at her house these days that beto´s in tegu. i used to live ALONE in WATTS, NO PROBLEM, now i can´t even stay one night alone in a quiet country town where the only threat are mosquitos, june bugs, and the occasional cow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I hate that I missed you while you all were here in Teguc. I just got back on Saturday. We'll be here 3 weeks and then leave for good to go back to Kentucky. Bittersweet...

    I've still got your books. I think I was supposed to leave them with Ruth but for some reason that I cannot now remember, I didn't. Anyway, I'll leave them with Amber if I don't get to see you between now and then.

    Hope and pray that Santi has his papers today or very soon and that you guys get to go to the U.S. soon.

    Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Laura I do hope that it all worked out. I have been continuing to pray for you all. I know how anxious you must be to get with Beto's family and then to come home.
    Your part about living in Watts cracked me up. You are so funny, can't wait to see you and laugh very hard with you!

    ReplyDelete