Wednesday, May 13, 2009

beto hopefully comes back from teguc today. i havnt been able to reach him since he didnt take the phone charger with him.
we are pretty frustrated with the situation. like i mentioned, beto met the woman in charge and she said they were going to diligently look for the books needed to make out this last paperwork we need to get santiago{s passport. well, yesterday beto had me call also. he told me that they told him that they found the books and had made out the paper, that they were just waiting for the boss to come into the office and sign it. so i called and asked to talk to the boss thinking she wouldn{t be in, but she answered the phone. so i asked if she signed the paper yet and if it was ready to pick up. she says, no, we still havnt found the books. we are still looking for them. they may be in another office. i was thinkin, but you told my husband a completely different story, but i wasnt in the mood to get into it with her...yet.

so i called beto back and told him and he of course was really upset of course and decided he would come back to la esperanza without the paper and call them from here and when it{s ready, when could be anywhere from a day to six months, he{ll go back to tegu and pick it up.

so i made another appt. at the us embassy in teguc for june 23d, hopefully we will have all the paperwork by then, and then it takes 2 weeks to process.however, if we can get on a plane and they let us board without santiago{s us passport in teguc. to LA we can get his passport in the states. once he steps foot in the us he{s a citizen because he{s mine. ive been talking to my cousin who works in immmigration. my goal, my hope, is to be home by july 4. you{d think it wouldnt be so hard. it shouldnt be so hard. but we will appreciate being home all the more once we finally make it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I know this is so frustrating for you both...not to mention all the family and friends who await you in the U.S.!!!

    Hang in there and know that soon, one way of the other, you will be home and it will be wonderful and worth it all.

    Let me know if you come to Teguc. In case you don't still have my cell phone number, it's: 9846-1700.

    By the way, what does that sweet baby Santiago need right now???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura I can't even imagine how frustrated you both must be. Shelby and I were shopping yesterday and saw so many things we wanted to get for Santiago but I thought.....I better wait since I don't know what size he will be wearing when you get here. I am hoping for soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doctor who started our local Kiwoko Hospital more than 20 yrs ago wrote a book called, "The Man With The Key Is Gone" and it's a classic. I can't tell you how many similar situations we find ourselves in here. Not very easy to deal with, so sorry!!!! Will pray for a miracle because it will take one to git 'er done!

    ReplyDelete