Thursday, April 30, 2009

Will we ever leave Honduras?

Well, first of all we went to the dentist here at the Baxter clinic today to get our teeth cleaned and i have 8 cavities! i havn´t had those since i was real little! i guess that´s what happens when you stop using an electric toothbrush and don´t go to the dentist for a year and a half.

Beto and I have been here in Teguc. about two weeks now. Beto got a ten year visa! praise God!

but we need your PRAYERS becuase we are having trouble getting Santiago´s american passport, ironically. we had an appointment last monday. we thought we had all the correct paperwork. she asked for the literal birth certificate and i handed her what i thought was that. we had two different original types of birth cert. neither of which were acceptable. DON´T KNOW WHY! why cán´t they just acceptthe birth certificate??? well, she said, that´s ok. i can accept it with what you have. ok, not let me see your proof of your physical presence in the US. i told her, ¨that´s on that app. right there!¨she said, ¨no, i need like, transcripts, or something aboutyou that proves your physical presence in the US beofre movin to Hondruas.¨ i told her i honestly didn´t know i had to have that. she showed me the info sheets and i showed her mine that the office faxed me and THAT INFO HAD BEEN CUT OFF THE BOTTOME OF THE PAGE!!! well, she didn´t feel sorry for me. she said we had to have the documents and i have to make another appointment, the earliest of which wasn´t until june 11th!!! we can´t wait that long! ugh! but sh was very strcit and unhelpful, and the laws about this are so ridiculous. obviously he´s mine and i have my american passport. so frustrating.

sooo...she said, well, if you can´t wait for another appointment you can go up to San Pedro where you don´t have to make an appointment but then they send all the paperwork down here and the process takes 4 weeks instead of 2. san pedro is about 5hours away from tegucigalpa.

beto went yesterday to get the literal b.c. but they said we ahve to get it in la esperanza, and in la esperanza they said we have to get it in teguc. so what do we do? well, wait four months, they said! what??? and i thought we´d be home in april! guess not. after all this is Honduras! so we are making lots of calls and trying to figure out how we can leave Hondruas asap!

right now we are blessed to be able to stay with amber. she is so hospitable. right now we are going to be in teguc. until at least next mon. or whenver beto´s passport is ready to pick up with his visa, whichever comes first, and then hopefully we can get the b.c. here and take it up to san pedro. and hopefully we can fly out of here in about 5 weeks.
please pray that God will open the doors. we really weren´t expecting all this hassle, and just for a birth cert. if someone here at the us embassy in teguc. cancells their appt. we can go do it all here, but please pray that God opens that door. we´d reallylike to be able to make it to my family reunion in Laguna at the end of May, but now i´m not holding my breath.

santiago is doing ok. adjusting well now to the heat and humidity of teguc. he seems to have a cough and respitory problems but is doing better. please pray for our health in the midst of all this traveling.

6 comments:

  1. Immigration can be fun. When applying for Carolina's residency, the U.S. embassy made me travel to Buenos Aires (10 hours by bus, though I cheated and took a plane) for an "interview." The interview was some secretary handing me a form, me signing that form, and her telling me that they would be in touch.

    Nice.

    Good luck with the trámites.

    Grace and peace,
    Tim Archer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the only thing I want to you guys to do is be very careful ok. can't wait to see all three of you guys when I return home ok and I want you guys there when I get home! I love you all and watch out for your heath ok! and Beto be strong and your family will get here safe. once you get here you will have no worries ok! God will take over the rest, we will just help out. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY STARS! Laura we will be praying constantly about this! That God will definitely open a window or door for you. He shuts doors no man can open and opens doors NO man (or woman in Honduras!) can shut.
    I was just reminded of a bumper sticker I just saw: "Don't magnify your problems, magnify your God!" So...that's what we'll be doing.
    LOVE YOU, CHIN UP!
    XOXO
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I know INS can be a pain. I am sorry you are having so many problems with all of this. You will be home soon. I will keep you all in my prayers. Love, Janice and Charlie Avery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! I'm sorry you are having these hassles. I'll be praying that God will SMOOTH out everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura I have been praying for you ever since I read this a few days ago. God will open doors, keep the faith and rely on him. We love you!

    ReplyDelete