Saturday, June 07, 2008

Dia en la finca de cafe















I'm writing from Bob and Kathy's computer in their house. Beto went to Guatemala Friday with our former pastor who had to go to finalize his DR. thesis, and Beto went becuase he doesn't have school next week and is hoping to get an international driver's licence. He did get to buy a motorcycle! Thank you so much to all who donated. Pictures to come! So since he's gone I am here at the mission house on church property with Miss Dani as well, spending the night. It's been pouring for over an hour now. Rainy season is offically upon us, full swing.
Today we were all invited to visit a coffee farm owned by a family from our church who's youngest son is a student in Southwest. It was about an hour from home but only because we had to drive up rocky mountain roads. This family sells their coffee to Starbucks! They are a really generous and fun family, very easy going. We got to see their farm and learn all about production. We had a really delicious "mexican style" meal in their "hacienda". It started pouring so we had to walk out becuase of the mud. It was a really good workout, let me tell you!
Now we're at the church for youth service. School's out! Next week all the teachers have to go from 8-3 to finish grades, paperwork, etc. I'll post pics from the last day soon!
Well, at the farm we had a lot of fun. we walked down to the river. I sure was glad I wore my hiking boots, and of course it was exciting to have our own Indiana Jones along with us! That's him in the hat. REally it's Bob the missionary, but we couldn't stop singing the Indiana Jones theme song and calling him Indie all day. I'm sure going to miss Ms. Dani when she goes in two weeks. Praise God for bringing her here this year!

1 comment:

  1. I love your fashion statement in picture #4 I can see it catching on here as soon as it's released. :)

    mom

    ReplyDelete