Saturday, February 16, 2008

changes...

Good news! Miguel went to church with us again last Sunday and loved it. Afterwards we went on a picnic to a waterfall with the Owens, veteran missionaries, and Miss Dani. After lunch we visited a Christian orphange up in the mountains that takes care of 23 girls. They have their oldest son in our school. We also went to visit that area´s local pastor in his home. They served us pancakes with sour cream and coffee. Very traditional.
Today he is at the apartment with Beto helping out and they went shopping in the market earlier this morning for the fruits and veggies.
REcently we´ve been talking more about me moving out of teaching English and start teaching Bible at the school next year. I talked to the Owens and they suggested Beto and I become volunteers with World Gospel Mission, which they are a part of and that has provided the Bible classes that Beto teaches and in Southwest School.
The mission provides a budget including provisions for my loans, for our housing and for our medical insurance.
With more time on my hands, I was thinking of volunteering my time at the orphanage, which has been on my heart for a long time (that kind of work). I was talking with the missionary who manages the orphanage and she said they had a school on site but had to shut it down due to lack of personnel. I told her of our plans and she said they´d been praying about that for a year, as well as a preacher for their church on site. It definately felt like a ¨God appointment¨, where one person presents a need and the other person wants to fill it.
Please be in prayer with us about this as we seek God for wisdom and clarity in what to do. Beto will continue to teach Bible in Nuevo Mundo and work with our church´s Ëducatodos¨program at night this year.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for all of this. Sounds like God has a plan in the making. Hi Beto!!

    ReplyDelete