Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My first shower ever!










I was so excited! The girls got into teams and had to make a wedding dress out of one roll of toilet paper, and then I chose my favorite..the one on the right. As I´m opening presents you can see i´m so happy. MUSTARD! YOU SHOULDN´T HAVE! Here it´s tradition to give ¨silly gifts¨before getting the ¨real gifts¨, which will be next Tuesday at the shower given by my friends and colleagues at school. But at this shower I got things like a box of matches and one stick of margarine. Thanks girls! Then they dressed me up in a wedding dress made of plastic shopping bags. Randomly put it turned out to fit perfectly the Goodwill bag. It was a lot of fun. And my friend Dani who I live with too made the delicious cake. God is good!

3 comments:

  1. what a great tradition! I love the look on your face! can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes is what we're supposed to say to engaged ladies. It looks like a lot of your wishes have already come true: plenty of tp, matches, margarine, a recyclable wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family and I are moving to Yamaranguilla, Honduras the end of January. Are there any Christian English speaking schools nearby? If so, is there a website or details about it available (i.e. cost, location, etc.)? Thanks, Marcy marcy@atcminitries.org, www.atcministries.org

    ReplyDelete