Wednesday, May 16, 2007

OPEN HOUSE!

Today was the 2nd annual Open House at Southwest School. The teachers still arrived a little after 8am and spent the entire morning, well, until 1pm, cleaning and settting up the classrooms. I didn't have as much to do as others it seemed and it still took me to entire time to get everything done, but i didn't have to rush. Since most of us "roam", we had more than one classroom to decorate. The day went pretty fast. I didn't have too much to "show off" from English class, especially compared to science or art. Although I do teach art but I didn't think to save anything for today so I still didn't have too much to show off. I have a lot of ideas for next year, though. A little over half of the second graders came. It's pretty stressfull to pull off a successful open house. I had thoughts in my head all day of my open house in 6th grade. That was one of my more memorable years and I remember how much I always enjoyed going to Open House and showing off things to my parents, no matter what they were.
It's hard to believe that there are only 3 weeks left of school!

1 comment:

  1. 6th grade open house was the BEST! I was Nan the Noun...did you dress up?

    McKenna has her first open house tomorrow night. She is so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete