Sunday, February 18, 2007

Venting

Hope everyone had....ooo, wait, the song Ïn the city, city of Compton, keep it rockin', is playing at the internet. And the guy next to me is singing along, a WASP(my guess). Never know how it's going to be here in La Esperanza.
aNywho, as I was saying, hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day. It was Wed. and Beto had already returned to La Esperanza becasue he teaches a class Wednesday that's only one day a week.
Amber and I left her house(my former, sniff,sniff) at 10 and picked up my document, and now remembering I already wrote this, I arrived later that day to La Esperanza, so half the day was spent on a hot bus playing spanish preachers most the time, after having to listen to a traveling bus preacher for about an hour. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against preachers, but I don't appreciate the one's that get on the bus and have to yell so that those in back can hear, and i sat in front, and take advantage of the travelers because they have no where else to go, and at the end ask for money, but at least this one did it by selling pens with an attached calendar. Don't ask me how that happens, I had my head out the window trying to fight the motion sickness.
The two days at school were sort of hectic, mostly becasue I got a little upset at being told to relax. One parent actually complained to Dr. Troy that his son/daughter is learning TOO MUCH! I lost sleep the last 3 nights mulling over a plan to get back at these parents, like not teaching anything, or actually giving MORE work to those in tutoring which their parents won't help them with but making more problems for them in the future. I know, maybe I shouldn't be admitting this, but I won't go through with any of my plans against the parents because only the students would suffer. And I know Dr. Troy doesnt want any problems with the parents, but it also seems like he'd not mind if i did give 80% or higher to each student, because after all, that's why they pay the big bucks.

On another topic, the weather has been frightfully cold the last 2-3 days, unusually cold for this time of year. It's overcast and drizzly which keeps the amount of dust down, thankfully. yesterday the school had it's first anual "Tarde Alegre", or Happy Afternoon. We actaully had a pretty good turnout considering the weather. Since I was gone most last week and unable to plan, (it was a fundraiser and each class sold some type of food), two mothers, one happens to be the owner of the school, the other a teacher, took over and had about 60 chocolate popsicles made, which Beto and I sold every one of. We make a good team. Good trial for our future bookstore (hopefully!).

May God bless you with His peace and Spirit...Romans 15:13

1 comment: