Sunday, October 22, 2006

Update

Hello Everybody!
Sorry it's been so long since I've written! It's been a crazy last month or so, busy at school but loving it! I'm loving living here, my church, my job, my apt., the town. yesterday being Saturday was my day to clean house and clothes, and make banana bread, and take out the trash, what else? Well the day started well, i even put some bleach and water in my water bottle to clean it out and set it aside. I thoroughly cleaned my bathroom with way too much bleach, so I found something I could put over my nose and mouth, like my sister does when she cuts onions, except she uses goggles over her eyes and i was wishing i had some of those too!
Later in the afternoon, a friend was visiting and we were talking. I got really thirsty and took a big swig of...bleach water! agh! I thought i was going to die! I drank some milk and used the opportunity to eat a lot of banana bread to absorb the chemicals. Later I did get sick but only really intensely for about 10 minutes. God is good and after that I was all better! Thank goodness!
Today was a great day. Beto preached and gracias a Dios it went really well, thanks to the Holy Spirit too!
this week in the school ends the first period, so we have a lot of grading to do. But this Friday we have an "in-between-periods" break! Maybe Beto and I will take a road trip to Wendy's, it's about an hour away! how exciting!!! I can't wait!
thanks for all your prayers! It would be great to hear from some of you!

6 comments:

  1. For the love of God and all that is holy, Laura! Drinking bleach water?! I've heard of detox diets but that's ridiculous woman. ;) I'm so glad you're okay. I can't believe you didn't even go to the hospital or Dr. Those ten minutes of sickness must have seemed to last forever. :( I'm happy you are all better now.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mission fields are dangerous and challenging enough without drinking "bleach-water." As the Shift-Sgt. used to say on the T.V. show "Hill Street Blues," "Let's be careful out there."

    Enjoy the trip to Wendy's. Do they have honey-mustard sauce in Central America?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm Frosty's!!!! and I love their fries!! Hey I need some christmas ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Laura, am I going to have to come up there and teach you the difference in purified water and bleach water?!!! "It's a good thing you're pretty!" as some would say...

    Love you so much and miss you! God IS good...

    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. bleach water...Laura, I'm glad you're ok. I do read your blog regularly but, we're doing the insane autumn with two weddings and a move from Pueblo del Rio to the baby house on 2oth (Maazes', who moved to Brent and Judy's)...so I don't post much

    ReplyDelete