Friday, August 26, 2005

otra vez

so folks i thought of some more things to say and haveto answer some questions.
the sink and bano are outside because that´s latin america. it´s very rare to have running water inside unless you´re filthy rich, which exists here. i´ve been to that hood and i thought i was in malibu, no lie. the bano is nice in my house. a huge sink with lots of water that sometimes works, like at the school too. sometimes i turn it on and no water comes out but i forget to turn the knobs off and two hours later water starts shooting out of the faucet in the middle of class. yes we have a bano in our class but it´s my storage closet.
the bathroom is enclosed but outside. it´s not too bad, but not enclosed so water gets all over the floor and toilet seat. i don´t understand that concept. it´s not that hard to rig up a curtain or build the border of the shower higher. oh well.
also, today was open house at the school and that was interesting since i had to talk in spanish. that´s the reason i came to honduras last year, to learn spanish to talk to my student´s parents in spanish in Watts. Now i´m really usin´it.
I really like my fourth grade students. I wish i could juust teach them all day but I also teach history-geography to the 7th'9th graders. the only class i´m not too keen on is 9th b-c there are some hotshot boys in there that make the experience unpleasant. where´s mean mr. heida when you need him??
Hope to write again mas pronto.
Dios les bendiga a todos!

2 comments:

  1. Again! I missed you. You seem to always find a computer while I am traveling home from work. Anyway it is so good to 'hear' from you. I hadn't even noticed the 'bano' until you mentioned it here, i'll have to look over your pictures again. Jill is going to a spa this weekend so I showed her a picture of the one you went to. She was impressed! Love you bunches! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again! I missed you. You seem to always find a computer while I am traveling home from work. Anyway it is so good to 'hear' from you. I hadn't even noticed the 'bano' until you mentioned it here, i'll have to look over your pictures again. Jill is going to a spa this weekend so I showed her a picture of the one you went to. She was impressed! Love you bunches! mom

    ReplyDelete