Saturday, January 05, 2013

Last day of chemo but still not done

Wednesday night was a great night. Slept through the night, both Bela and I. She's been sleeping very well during this round, almost like she's not at the hospital at all.
Even though this is the last day of chemo...ever!!!...(Lord willing), this week coming up may prove to be the hardest. At least according to our experience, the week after chemo, when her counts go down and she's most prone to infections,etc. is usually the hardest, for everybody.
This morning I got to have some quiet time. What? What's that, you ask? Yes, I've been wondering lately, will I ever get to have a quiet time ever again? the other night Santi and Beto slept at the hospital and I realized I've not slept alone in my room in over 5 years!!! I'm surprised I fell asleep so quickly. But then again, it shouldn't be that surprising. Anywho I digress.

So this morning I had a wonderful quiet time and I'm continuing it by listening to Rita Springer radio on Pandora. If you've not heard of her or not heard her music, I highly suggest her for a peaceful and day changing time with God. 

This morning I read Psalm 42.  Most of you may know it as the Psalm that begins with those verses that made that one song famous: "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you , O God." And another song I know comes straight from verses 5 and 11: "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in god, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God."  The verse that I remember most though is verse 7 (the perfect number): "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."  Come all ye who are weary.  All ye who are heavy laden, broken hearted, and I will give you rest(those are some lyrics from a Springer song).  That verse has been special to me for a long time, and we'll hold onto it for a long time to come.

Please continue to pray for Bela, especially for her heart. So far, no talk of damage, but sometimes after the fourth round there's risk for heart damage. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment