Saturday, January 08, 2011

Happy New Year
















I see I've not posted since November! I have a lot of catching up to do. First of all, our house was broken in to on November 30 and our Thanksgiving dinner pictures were on our computer that had all the pictures on it. But on Nov. 27th I think it was we hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for our gringo missionary friends and one designated Honduran friend who's spent some time in the states. It was a great time with a LOT of food. Since Turkeys cost around $5 a pound in Honduras we opted for chicken, but otherwise we had most of the usual "fixins".





On November 30 we were very excited because it was only two days before we were going to leave to go to Tegucigalpa to stay a couple of nights before our plane left for CA. I was tutoring in the afternoon and usually Beto's home with Santi but this day he was running errands, tying up loose ends before our vacation. We were gone for about three hours, only a half hour of that time was dark. I walk in the house, look to the right and see the computer's not there. My stomach sunk. I ask Beto"Did you take the computer somewhere?" , thinking "Oh please let him say "yes"." and he said no and asked me the same thing. Then I felt sick to the stomach. He walked into the bedroom and it was a mess. The robbers had thrown everything everywhere and it was very scary. We realized that they tried the two doors but eventually took the bars off of the kitchen window outside. We think they may have been in the house when we drove up because there were some valuable things out in plane sight that they didn't take and some rooms that were untouched. We were told by friends that after seeing what we had that they didn't take they might be back for that stuff, so even though we'd already asked a friend to watch our house at night we had to hire another friend to be there during the day everyday. We are thankful that in the end not too much was taken, or rather, we didn't have much to take. Our computer, camera(didn't work anymore), hair dryer, iron, haircutter machine, santi's new outfit, and my dad's rings that my mom gave to Beto were taken. So far since our visit in the States most of it has been replaced, including the laptop by a very generous friend!





We praise God for our time in the States which has been a lot of fun and very relaxing.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny the way Jazmine sits, and I see Santi can fall asleep anywhere?!

    ReplyDelete