Monday, March 30, 2009

Finally!

It´s true! The baby came two weeks ago already! Time wasn´t flying when I was in bed for about two weeks but now that I´m out i´m sure time will go by faster. The baby is so beautiful of course and doing very well. I can´t get out much. I´ve had lots of help but our ¨maid¨ left for the police academy and my great friend Amber came from Teguc this wekend to help but goes back today. I will be crying a lot this week i´m sure, trying to take care of the baby and cook and clean, which i havn´t had to do much of for quit a while now.
the story of my experience is better left told at another time and i will post pictures soon. it took my two weeks to get to the internet so it´ll take a few more days for me to organize pictures and such.
we´ve moved to a small apt. on church property. the old house is going to be worked on by the landlord and is very dusty and cold. our one room apt. is smal but hopefully we´ll only be there till early may. beto´s visa apt. is now april 28th so we are pryaing he gets it and we can fly to guatemala the second week of may to see his family and from ther wé´ll fly to the states.
thanks for all your prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I so wish I was there to visit you and hold that sweet baby! I have so many questions to ask you about everything, but mine, too, can wait until another time.

    I'm glad Amber got to go see you. Steve told me she was. I've been in the U.S. for 3 weeks awaiting the birth of our new little granddaughter. Maggie had a false alarm and I went home early thinking she would already be here when I arrived. But she was just playing tricks on us and still isn't here! She's actually due the 3rd of April, so we think it surely will be soon.

    I love you and hope to see you before that baby is a toddler!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Laura to you and Beto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you already know I am so excited for you and Beto. What great parents you will be. Can't wait to see you both and hold sweet Santiago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I can't wait to see more pictures, and hopefully be able to see you all in California. Did you know I called and left you a message on your phone? I haven't heard back so wanted to make sure you got it.
    I'm so glad you are doing better!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see you! Praying for you and Beto's visa. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. those pictures are priceless can't wait to see you all and hold grandchild # 11 he already has my heart love and prayers to all of you

    ReplyDelete