Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Beto's sermon and Happy new Year!



Because our pastor was visiting family for the holidays, Beto was asked to preach. He preached a wonderful sermon(if I do say so myself) on King David from Samuel and the Psalms. It was a good teaching sermon that God used to touch lives. Praise Him!

As I'm writing this on New Year's Eve, we are about to go to our church's celebration, held in the Alcohol Rehab Center. We are expecting lot's of snacks (a pregnant woman's DREAM!) AND a time of committments to the Lord for the New Year and time for testimonies. I'll let youknow how it goes. I'm really looking forward to it.
As I write I can hear lot's of firecrackers going off outside, which happens a lot anyways, but more than usual today. The tradition here is to make a big scarecrow and then burn it at midnight, symbolizing the "old father time" passing. If i can get a picture, i will post it!

This past week was especially difficult for us. On Monday I felt really attacked, from the mometn I woke up I felt depressed, which is highly unusual for me, and to top it off it was our anniversary! I mean, I wasn't depressed because of that but what a day to be attacked by the Enemy! All day I was down and stressed becuase of our business not going as well lately. Sometimes we make $5 and with that we have to pay our help, buy more ingredients to make more product,and buy food, which is becmonig more of a commodity lately. I mean we eat but not carelessly like we used to be able to. Later that night we watched our wedding video (thanks Joey Heida!) and that lifted my spirits a lot. It was so great to see many of you and hear your well wishes for us.
The rest of the week went better. One friend from church (the one who's family I went Christmas shopping with in Teguc.) offered us a space in front of his business (which is right in the center of town) and we will start selling there too this Friday. When we have hard times and think God isn't helping, He really is with us and always comes through. Hard times are part of life but they are not the whole.
Praise God for His Son Jesus and we pray you all have a wonderful New Year!
Blessings and lOve
from laura nd beto

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that you weren't feeling well on your anniv. Glad that the video lifted your spirits. Praise God for your new location for baked goods. That sounds very promising Laura. I hope that it goes well for you in the new year. Can't wait to see you in 5 months!!!!!

    ReplyDelete