Saturday, October 18, 2008

Teguc. and Women´s Retreat








As I mentioned in another blog I made a trip to Teguc last week. Some people don´t like the big city but I love it! I got to see old (young) friends that I came to know and love by visiting where Amber worked a lot when we lived together. I got to stay with Steve and Jeanne at Baxter. They are my Honduran white Kentucky parents. So multi-cultural! They really spoiled me and I am so grateful to them. I was in Teguc. for the World Gospel Mission Women´s retreat which was a lot of fun. We made scultptures out of bubble gum ! So creative, and went out to eat, shopped, but had great devo times using the book by Stormie Omartian, ¨The prayer That Changes Everything...The Hidden Power of Praising God¨. I highly recommend it. The furry little creature was stuffed and put on display in the hotel where we stayed. It just cracked me up.
I also stayed in Teguc. after the retreat to work on my residency, which was a little successful, but the best was spending time with friends like the Whites and Amber!
I went home for one night and Beto and I left the next morning at 4 for Guatemala. I have to leave the country every three mo. to a country that doesn´t border Honduras until my residency starts to process, so we decided to go to Belize, but first we had to come to Guatemala becuase Beto´s passport had expired. Praise God he got that renewd quickly and even applied for his car license which we hadn´t talked about but while he was out and about I thought it would be a good idea for him to get it once and for all while we´re here instead of having to come back again when we do get a car, which we don´t know when taht will be but we are believing in faith it will be very soon! We are having a great time with the fam and will leave for Belize on Teusday hopefully and stay three days before heading back to Honduras! I havn´t been home in so long!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, we LOVED having you visit us! You're very special to us, you know...

    Hope you have a good and safe trip to Belize and get back to Honduras without problems.

    Love,

    Your Honduran, white, Kentucky Mom

    ReplyDelete