Tuesday, October 14, 2008

blabbing

Right now I have a few minutes to write and for maybe the first time on my blog will just write what's on my mind and not plan too much what I'm going to say.
first of all can i just say that i cannot believe how hungry i am ALL THE TIME while being pregnant! It's unbelievable! When i was sick with nausea the first three months i seriously couldn't imagine ever "having hunger"(translated directly from spanish) again!
I have been in Teguc.almost a week staying with my lovely friends Steve and Jeanne on Baxter's campus and visiting with Amber. Over the weekend I went to a ladies missionary retreat, but most of the time has been spent on the phone with my lawyer(sounds sooo grown up!) and some other key people trying to get my Honduran Residency process started. Things never go the way you'd like or think they should go in Honduras. I don't officially have an employer right now since we are not officially with World Gospel mission until we have all of our funds in. This has made it difficult to get the necesary papers needed from them to hand over to my lawyer, and i'ts been difficult raising funds from the States through letters adn emails sent from here in Honduras.
I've been on the phone so much with contacts here in Teguc and La Esperanza but it's frustrating that there's not much I can do until I am called back. I am really enjoying staying with my friends, watching American TV (LOVE the news!) but I miss Beto and he misses me and i am also anxious to get home. But I'm just sure that if I go home before signing any papers that as soon as i finish the three hour bus ride back to my home i will get a call asking me to return to Teguc again to just sign some documents.
All this has caused us to wonder if I should leave the country every three months like I'm supposed to for my 90 day VISA here in honduras or if we should just move to the States and raise funds until we have them all and when that happens, move back to Honduras. But my husband, being a bit more (ok, a LOT MORE) calm than me, asks a a great question,"What do we do with all our stuff, and our dogs?(yes we have two now, the new one i've not met yet!) So we're going to see what happens.

So, now you know why the title is what it is.
Please be in prayer for us for all of this...raising funds and getting our residencies. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. The best thing we can do is to pray about it. I remember when Mary was in YWAM and i was so stressed about the money, and she said. Mom God knows where the money is and if I am supposed to be there he will get it to me. he will put it on the hearts of those who he wants to give. so.....I"M PRAYING! mom

    ReplyDelete