Friday, May 09, 2008

Beto´s trip to El Salvador








The first picture is of a vulture eating an old animal carcas. I just had to share it. I think it used to be a dog and it was left by the side of the road near our apartments many many moons ago, like maybe before Christmas. Then one day some nice man came and burried it there. Well, a couple of weeks ago some animals dug it up again and the yet another person had the great idea to fling it over the fence, and since then no one´s had the guts (no pun intended) to touch it. But there must have been some kind of goodies left on it becuase there´s the bird.

On a much better note, Beto took a weekend trip to El Salvador last weekend with some good friends from church. They went to help our former pastor finally pack up the last of his things to make his move with his family to Mexico. I did´t want to go becuase the driver scares me he´s so crazy and I knew I would get sick. They could´ve bought those big fish for only $3 a head but I guess they didn´t trust them. Appetizing huh? One of the brothers in the picture is planning to raise funds thise next two years to move to Afghanistan with his wife to be missionaries. his sister is one of my english students here in our sister church. I just found this out last week just before Beto went to see them. It´s wonderful to meet so many people here who have a heart for missions. Now there is a powerful mission minded movement in all of latin america and these countries are sending out thousands of latinos to other countries such as Afghanistan where they don´t stand out as much as we white people do. Pray for the harvest and that God would continue to send out workers into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment