Sunday, November 25, 2007

Smell my armpit

I want to start by telling something that happened to me on the bus on the way to school last Thursday. It was a special day, we were going to celebrate Thanksgiving and go home early. One of my students gets on the bus and sits next to me, talking to his friends across the aisle. All of a suddent he turns to me, lifts up his arm closest to me, pulls back his shirt sleeve and tells me to smell. I understood but I thought, no, surely he´s not telling me to smell his armpit. So I kind of just stared at him. Then he repeated it. ¨Miss, smell here!¨ oh boy, well. i leaned just close enough to satisfy him but didn´t really smell anything. He then told me that he had put on his dad´s deodarant that day(a first grader) and he was so proud. I still smile about it whenever it comes to mind.

Today I volunteered at the last minute to teach the 4th grade sunday school class at church. The teacher didn´t come. I had to ¨wing¨it but i really enjoyed it and volunteered to teach the rest of this quarter as the teacher will be moving in january anyway. I am really excited. I gave the kids a memory verse for the week, which they havnt had awhile.

The women´s REcovery group is also going really well. Last Thursday was a night of testimonies and two women tearfully reconciled after a tense time they´d been having between each other. It was powerful to see forgiveness and repentance between them.
It is always exciting to experience what God is doing.
May you have a blessed week.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Almost as cute as Ray....

    Just thinking of you so I thought I'd stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgiveness is so rare, it will momentarily stop all other news reports and make a headline story! Case in point when the Amish forgave the man who shot up the schoolhouse last year.

    ReplyDelete