Sunday, October 28, 2007

Extreme Opposites

Well, maybe not extreme, but there are definately many differences between SoCal and La Esperanza in October. I am saddened to read about the fire tragedies in SoCal while here we are full swing into Winter. It´s been overcast and FREEZING (well, it´s probably like, 70 degrees, but I am a SoCal native! What can I say?) here for the last week. For a few days it looked like it was going to rain cats and dogs but it never did. I was so disappointed! I prefer the rain to the BITING cold! One day last week I awoke to no electricity, which meant no hot shower since my hot water is powered by electric wires. The next day half the city was without water, and guess which half I live in? So that was two days without a hot shower, but at least the first day I could use water.

Life is going really well here. The alcolic center is progressing well and last weekend they had a bonfire well into the wee hours of the morning with over 70 men present. The Holy Spirit was there and worked on many of their hearts. A couple of weekends before that the men´s recovery group had a one night retreat where 12 brothers were baptized into Christ.

Last week was the inaugural meeting of the women´s recovery group based on Rick Warren´s ¨Celebrating Recovery¨ Please pray that both these groups continue to thrive and bring many more souls into the kingdom of our loving Heavenly Father.

I Peter 1. 3,4,5

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I love reading your blog! It has been cool here in Tegucigalpa, too, but probably not as cold as La Esperanza.

    I have been sad, too, about the fires in So. Cal. I've thought of you...

    Love you,

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound TOO much like my wife ... freezing to death at 70 degrees. Give us a break!!

    Good news about the recovery programs as many, many have come to Christ through that ministry. Jan and I attend Southwest Christian Church here in Temecula and every Sunday so far there has been a testimony from someone who is working through an addiction with Celebrate Recovery.

    Much love to you, LS!

    ReplyDelete