Sunday, September 16, 2007

Independence Day!











My pictures are a little mixed up, but here goes. Beverly's face pretty much says it all, how we felt at the end of the parade. There I am marching with my students. Some kinder and preporatoria students on their float protecting themselves from the hot sun. And with the busses in the background, we are practicing. this parade took up our lives the first month of school. The last two weeks we had half days so everyone could practice in the afternoons. But the kinder, prepas, and first graders didnt march so we didnt practice, which meant we tried to give class with the band practicing outside. Let's just say that I'm glad it's over. We have tomorrow and tuesday off. I'm so glad! We all need a break!

Then there's a picture of a spider taking a nap on my bed! He didn't get much rest once I got home and saw him.
There were actually three days of parades. Thursday the kinder schools marched, Friday the high schools, and Saturday the schools of mixed students, like ours. Theres some more pictures of us practicing, marching through mud, and of the parade crowd in front of the police station Friday. There's one picture of a Linca woman dressed in their typical bright colors and the hallmark of thier culture, the brightly colored checkered head scarf.
The school year is going well. I am looking forward to it. We have a full staff this year, better than last year in that we aren't short any teachers.
Mr. Ken is doing a lot better. Please continue to pray for him and beverly.
I am fighting a cold. please pray for me that it won't turn into bronchitis for the third time this year.
Blessings! Ephesians 6:10-17

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better and I hope the spider has a very short life span.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do come by ... just haven't left a comment in a while. The video Alan made while visiting you was shown at Long Beach yesterday morning ... it was so good to see you on film! He did a good job with it. We introduced Peanut to the church ... I don't think many of the people realized just what an excellent day it was at Long Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby...if you need some mothering, come see me in Teguc...I'll make you some chicken soup or something...

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog but couldnt comment for a long time (pretty much since you left L.B.) and finally figured out how to reset my password!

    Hope you are doing well and I Miss you! Loved the video shown at church on Sunday, it was great to see all that you are doing there and the kids you teach are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete