Sunday, July 10, 2005

Aqui estoy

I'm here, in Honduras, finally! I've had a great half a week here so far, although it seems i've been here longer, but because i'm enjoying it so much! I have a great place to stay with super fun and friendly American girls, my own room, a comfy bed and in a safe 'hood.
This past Wednesday I arrived and Thursday through Saturday I worked with a U.S. youth group building an addition onto a church. It reminds me a lot of building houses in Mexico when I was in the youth group. The sun is fuerte and the work is intense, but the groups I'm working with are great and I am having a lot of fun. Last night we went to dinner at El Patio, a nice, somewhat expensive restaurant with american sized portions and mariachi's. Ole!
Today I went to church with some American and Latino friends and then we went to lunch at Popeye's chicken. That was only my second time eating there. The first was 3 years ago when I was in Honduras with Culver.
I've been talking to a few Americans about securing a job here in Tegucigalpa and I see God opening some doors already. Please continue to be in prayer for me about that, that I would be where He wants and doing something I enjoy.
I love it here. The people are so fun and friendly and this country is so beautiful. The heat and humidity havn't bothered me too much, except when I lugged jugs of water up a steep hill about 3/4 of a mile, but there was a great view fromthe top! I love the crystal clear blue skies with big puffy white clouds and the afternoon thunder storms.
I will be updating next Sunday hopefully con fotos!
Con mucho carino,
Laura
Romanos 15:13

5 comments:

  1. HI Laura, Glad you are having fun and have a great place to live. Next time you send picture, send some of your place. the one's of the countryside were great! love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Honduras near Burbank?

    Richard (Your mom's carpool buddy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Speaks I love the pics you sent! Glad to hear everything is working out for you!

    Love Ya Much!
    Livy

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa, made it. surreptitious investigator. how's come no new entries since two weekies ago, eh? mas pronto, hopefully. yo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me...heida. I miss you. You just can't even imagine. Everything is great over here. I would love to know how your doing and what the Lord is doing in your life. Love you so much. Laura

    ReplyDelete