Thursday, August 07, 2008

Recap

Unfortunately I have not had much time to write lately, and since we live further out of town I do not walk to the internet anymore, meaning I forget things and have to wait a day or so until I get back to the internet again.

So, with that said, I will update on some happenings of the last couple weeks without pictures. So sorry.

First, the group from Ohio that cleaned our mold came back a few days later and with the paint they donated to us, painted our house inside! Wow, we are so blessed and grateful to God and to them. They even let us be picky and pick out a color scheme! I however picked out the most hideous Frenchs original mustard yellow which we had to go over with other colors we mixed from what we bought. All the rooms turned out really nice and we are so happy!

Last Thursday and today Beto went to preach at the Alcoholic REhab center at 6 am. I did not make it but he understands. I stayed spiritual in bed and prayed for him, that is before I fell back asleep for another hour. Last Thursday 5 men gave their lives to Christ and today 4 more did. Also last week after he finished he went up to help a friend on a project in the mountains. As they were returning they gave a ride to a young man walking the long road down into town. They evangelized to him and he gave his life to Christ too! They got all the mens phone numbers and are keeping in touch to make sure they are going to a church, etc. Please be in prayer for these recent converts.

When I returned from Florida Beto also told me he evangelized to his taxi driver and he gave his life to Christ. Beto got his number and has called him a few times. Please pray for this young family man who has some definate spiritual warfare going on in his family.

I began today tutoring a 5 year old for an hour 5 days a week in English. She is the daughter of the woman who buys my muffins in the smoothie shop. I pray this will be another open door of ministry in her and her familys life.


I have been accepted as an academic coordinator at a local private bilingual school very close to our house. They kept calling and calling and we prayed about it and felt this may be another open door to ministry. I told them I did not want to teach and could only give them about 2 to 4 hours a day and they said Great! and I mentioned the possibility of giving Bible classes there which they did not have and they just called to talk to me about giving those too, praise God!

So we are doing really well, enjoying life and looking forward to what God has for us in the future.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Laura God is working some exciting things thru you and Beto. Praise God! I am very excited to hear that you had that job offer and that you may be doing Bible classes as well.

    Please give Beto a big huge hug from all of us!!

    ReplyDelete