Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Feliz Navidad de Guatemala

Well, we arrived safely, Beto and I, with our Guatemalan friends who also study at Baxter.
After 2 days, or 12 hours total, in a bus, we finally made it and are staying with Beto´s family. I love it here, so simple and his family is so loving and fun. His mom reminds me of the mom in the movie, ¨My Big Fat Greek Wedding¨because if she asks you if you´re hungry and you say, ¨Not really,¨, she says, ¨Good, come eat!¨
Last night I serioulsy woke up with a stomach ache we´d eaten so much yesterday. I´m just going to have to learn to be honest and slip some food to the dogs.
So we´re here 3 weeks just kicken it and i won´t be doing much blogging, so Merry Christmas and Feliz Año Nuevo to todos! I´ll have a lot of fotos to post in January.
May God fill you with His Spirit and peace this year and may we all be more in love with Him!

Much love to all,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Laura, it was good to hear from you! I'm glad you're safe and sound, even if you are uncomfortable stuffed, HA!
    How wonderful Beto's family is so nice, especially since you'll be there three weeks!
    Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to YOU Laura!!
    XOXO
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I missed you at Christmas this year! I am glad that Beto's family is so kind to you and that you are having a nice vacation! Just 5 more months til I get to see you!! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think you have it so rough. I've been in England, where I have to learn English.

    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete