Thursday, September 22, 2005

DR. PEPPER!!!

or i guess in spanish...el doctor de pimiento. Not the same clear ring.
Bueno.
How is everyone? I am excited to write today! I am usually excited to write but struggle for what to say. Well, not today! Today I bought a Dr. Pepper, in a can! And I can´t wait to drink it! I also got to touch a can of Mt.Dew and Root Beer, which I hadn´t done in over 2 months. Shoot, I don´t even drink them that much in the States, but just the fact that they were there made me excited! This was in a gas station with one of those mini marts, but this wasn´t just ANY gas station! oh no, especially for Honduras, this is IT! I know where I´ll be spending MY Friday nights now! My friend Amber came across this little jewel yesterday as she was driving through the city. She has lived here over a year and I stayed with her a bit when I first arrived. She used to live with the family I now stay with and is a missionary here. Today she picked me up from school and we went to immigration to pick up our passports, then drove over to the hot spot! I wanted to ask Äre we there yet?¨about five times, but did my best to wait patiently. When we arrived, I couldn´t contain my excitement any longer! I was like a little kid in a candy store, or rather, an adult in a minimart with Dr. Pepper! By the way, I didn´t buy Mt.Dew or Root Beer. I wanted to leave something to look forward to in the future. Of course, now that I think about it, if that´s all I have to look forward to...
Amber and I have been spending more time together lately, really enjoying going to the movies, eating together, making treat bags for children´s day, etc. and of course, buying dr. pepper´s. Last night we saw ¨Dark Water´s¨. I know it came out in the States awhile ago, but if you havn´t seen it, DON´T! It´s not worth it! Amber is an awesome girl so check out her blog. I still havn´t figured out how to make links.

amberinhonduras.blogspot.com

and while we´re on that subject, a couple other blogs to check out arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

greg england, preacher extrodinaire... stoogeman.blogspot.com

scotty vanAtta, the funniest engaged man i know... thatsawesome.blogspot.com

allan heida, famous half-latino, half-german, teaching english in china! how much more multicultural can you get than that?! allaninchina2.blogspot.com or allaninchina.com

1 comment:

  1. I meant to leave a comment on here but went to your email! DOH!!
    I love reading your blogs and Greg's comments as well!

    I know that God is blessing you and the work you are doing for him.

    I am at work but not really feeling it today so thought I would check out your blog and everyone else's that you listed....shhhhhh dont tell!!
    Love you and miss you and can't wait to squeeze you!

    ReplyDelete